Here we go!
- Honestly, it started out as a real dry season, lots of trials and some down right sadness and not enough choosing joy.
- Went to a sad funeral :(
- Fell in love with Thai food
- A fox chased me on my way home from work. You can read about that here.
- Started planning a youth mission trip in our own city, deets to follow
- Turned 17!! Celebrated with my eternal fam at my church youth group, ate the cake below :)
- Applied for my second missions trip to South Africa and Malawi unaware of how changed I would be from this trip in just a few short months
(picture from my trip in 2011, note the boss photobomb)
- Finished planning and went on the local youth mission trip! We did a 30 hour famine in the freezing cold (20-30 degrees) and modeled a Ugandan village everyday happenings (carried potato babies in slings, boilied dirty water over a fire for rice and beans at the end of the fast, built a church meeting place out of sticks and a tarp, etc. and then served in our local government housing community and built a community garden with them, saw teens hearts changed... the usual spring break)
- Doubted if God could really use me in Africa (because I'm weak, and useless without him but in Him I can do much), and contemplated not going the day my travel expenses were due (funny, how that works) and after a long talk and prayer with my friend Imani I was back and ready-er then ever for God to use me mightily and he sure did!
- My Mom turned 49!
- Started to bud a friendship with these girls!
- I got my braces off!! praise the Lord!!!!!! And wahh-lahh I became a fairly good looking person just like that well... 7 years of torchere and nasty orthodontists!!
*First picture without braces! (the pics above were taken a few months after)*
- Volunteered at Beautiful Weekend a service project my church does every year with two local inner-city public elementary schools
my girls tina & vikk (who I sorta cut out) at BW
- Went to a dear friend (that lives in South Africa), Chelsea's AWESOME wedding. They got married outside under an umbrella tree, in the country, and had a music theme reception and a buffet dinner, and make your own sundaes and a fab dance floor, everything about it was stunning and perfect! The best time ever!
the cute bride and I at her shower picnic
my rapper friend Faith and I
my friend Precious and I carpooled out there and got lost several times
seriously!? how cute is this music theme?!
- My BFF Korie, youth leader Mahadi and I went supply shopping for this youth group event called create night with a Mexican food theme. hungry teens + a strict budget = stressss
korkor and I selfie-ing it up.
- CreateNight was rad-er than ever before. We laughed, cried, worshiped our King, it was ahhhhmazing.
the DreamTeam serving it up!
these girls are so so so talented.
my girl erinn and I
praying for our seniors <3
- Went to my friend Mikela's Graduation [dance] party (cause that what we did the whole time)
mik & I (she so gorg!)
- Finished my junior year (PTL) which was a feat in itself!
- Watched my other BFF's Erinn and Kristen graduate together
It was hot that day so they ripped their polyester cap and gowns right off!
- As my girls graduation gift I treated them to a fun night of getting our pictures taken in this cute, old, historical neighborhood downtown, it was such a special night
and my personal fave :)
- Had a talent show fundraiser with my Malawi 2012 team which was a huge success!
- And drumroll please... my favorite event for this past year and possibly ever- AFRICA 2012
let's play find the white girl
- Got back from Africa on the 9th after 3 weeks there and I miss it everysingleday.
in the airport to go "home"
but I think Africa will really be home soon ;)
- Watched my other BFF KorieGirl graduate!!
- Got to go to an ACTUAL beach for the first time in forever with my youth group!!
- And hung out with them before they headed off to college.
- Started SENIOR YEAR!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!
On my last "first day of school"
- Got invited to a last minute (but such the Lord's timing) youth rally in New Hampshire with my youth leader and his wife and a small group of the core students. It was beautiful and life changing and filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy. I think I'll write more about that later...
- My church celebrated it 90th Anniversary!
From the big 90th partayyy
- Started this blog! Whoop whoop!
- My big sis turned 21!
- My girls, well two of them, came home on back-to-back weekends
- My two sisters graduated!!
- CHRISTMAS!! Read all about that here!
My other fave 2012 "Reviews"